Tuesday 29 January 2013

Mortal Engines Update


So I’m moving along with this project as quick as I wanted too, which makes a changed, and because of that I’m feeling less stressed and motivated – win win situation.

Since my last post I've managed to get the high and low poly finished, as well as the unwrapping. Which I've done in a fairly short amount of time, but im putting that down to using new software I've been meaning to use a a little while now.

The highpoly was mainly made by sculpting and a bit of hard surface modelling. Hard surface modelling is something I want to do a lot more of, as it’s a very hard skill to master and because of that, pretty valuable to potential employers.

I am happy with the results, I especially like the boots which were made by hard surface modelling then touching it up in zbrush. The anatomy’s not too bad, it’s fairly accurate, but getting that skinny toned look has been troublesome. But I think my biggest weakness are the folds on the trousers, they don’t look overly natural and don’t reflect the material too well (which is cotton). Next time ill study more references, possibly by take a picture of myself wearing them in a pose and use that. Im tempted to get this too : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamic-Wrinkles-Drapery-Solutions-Practical/dp/0823015874/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359450304&sr=8-1



The low poly was an absolute breeze for me because of a handy piece of software called Topogun. This allowed me to import my highpoly and place each vertices and triangle accurately onto the high poly. What would have usually taken me 2 days at a push, now takes me a day. Anything to speed up my workflow i'm happy about.



Ill be back soon with a texturing update.

No comments:

Post a Comment